Thai buyer: Local PET prices move lower
The buyer commented, “Demand for our end products is quite slow nowadays and we are only able to conclude deals with our regular customers. We hope to see better demand in the coming months, but it seems difficult when considering the current economic situation.” The buyer was offered local PET at THB32500-33000/ton ($915-929/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis.
A second bottle manufacturer stated, “We are still not purchasing beyond our immediate needs as we are trying to avoid building high stocks amidst the uncertain market outlook. We see regular demand from our end product customers nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low