Thai buyer: Local PET prices move lower
The buyer commented, “Demand for our end products is quite slow nowadays and we are only able to conclude deals with our regular customers. We hope to see better demand in the coming months, but it seems difficult when considering the current economic situation.” The buyer was offered local PET at THB32500-33000/ton ($915-929/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis.
A second bottle manufacturer stated, “We are still not purchasing beyond our immediate needs as we are trying to avoid building high stocks amidst the uncertain market outlook. We see regular demand from our end product customers nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia