Thai buyer: Local PET producer concedes to discounts on deals
The converter stated that they purchased PET bottle from a local producer at THB36000/ton ($1046/ton) on FD Thailand, cash basis, down by THB2000/ton ($58/ton) on a monthly basis.
“In Thailand, converters are mostly making purchases for the period after the Songkran festival. We believe that the Chinese market will firm up again in May on the back of the summer season and this will pull the current price levels up,” the converter opined.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows