Thai buyer: Local PET producer concedes to discounts on deals
The converter stated that they purchased PET bottle from a local producer at THB36000/ton ($1046/ton) on FD Thailand, cash basis, down by THB2000/ton ($58/ton) on a monthly basis.
“In Thailand, converters are mostly making purchases for the period after the Songkran festival. We believe that the Chinese market will firm up again in May on the back of the summer season and this will pull the current price levels up,” the converter opined.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness