Thai buyers: Local PVC prices move lower
A compounder reported that a domestic producer reduced their PVC prices by THB1500/ton ($45/ton), bringing their offers to THB31000/ton on an FD Thailand, cash basis ($928/ton). “We are not planning to purchase beyond our urgent needs as we believe that prices will witness further reductions in June,” the buyer commented.
A PVC pipe manufacturer was also offered PVC by another domestic producer at THB31000/ton FD, cash ($928/ton). He stated, “We received new prices with reductions from local producers. Demand for our end products is thin due to the approaching monsoon season while the economy is not strong, which is also hindering buying appetite. We feel that prices still have room to move lower in the near term.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe