Thai buyers: Local PVC prices move lower
A compounder reported that a domestic producer reduced their PVC prices by THB1500/ton ($45/ton), bringing their offers to THB31000/ton on an FD Thailand, cash basis ($928/ton). “We are not planning to purchase beyond our urgent needs as we believe that prices will witness further reductions in June,” the buyer commented.
A PVC pipe manufacturer was also offered PVC by another domestic producer at THB31000/ton FD, cash ($928/ton). He stated, “We received new prices with reductions from local producers. Demand for our end products is thin due to the approaching monsoon season while the economy is not strong, which is also hindering buying appetite. We feel that prices still have room to move lower in the near term.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East