Thai buyers: Local producers lift PVC prices
A compound manufacturer reported that a local producer raised their domestic PVC k58 prices by THB1000/ton ($28/ton), bringing their new offers to THB28500/ton ($800/ton) on an FD, cash basis. According to him, a second producer also increased their offers by the same amount to THB29000/ton ($814/ton) for PVC k70. The buyer stated, “Demand is still regular. We are planning to secure some cargoes in the coming days as we fear that prices will witness further hikes in the near term.”
A pipe manufacturer also reported that they received THB1000/ton ($28/ton) higher domestic PVC k67 and k64 offers from local producers at THB29000/ton ($814/ton) FD, cash. “Demand for our end products is regular and we expect to see better buying interest soon in line with the start of the high season for the pipe sector,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand