Thai buyers: Local producers lift PVC prices
A compound manufacturer reported that a local producer raised their domestic PVC k58 prices by THB1000/ton ($28/ton), bringing their new offers to THB28500/ton ($800/ton) on an FD, cash basis. According to him, a second producer also increased their offers by the same amount to THB29000/ton ($814/ton) for PVC k70. The buyer stated, “Demand is still regular. We are planning to secure some cargoes in the coming days as we fear that prices will witness further hikes in the near term.”
A pipe manufacturer also reported that they received THB1000/ton ($28/ton) higher domestic PVC k67 and k64 offers from local producers at THB29000/ton ($814/ton) FD, cash. “Demand for our end products is regular and we expect to see better buying interest soon in line with the start of the high season for the pipe sector,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS