Thai central bank cuts 2016 growth forecast
Exports are expected to decline 5.5% this year and to follow a stable trend in 2016. Previously, the bank had expected exports to grow 1.2% in 2016.
For the final quarter of this year, meanwhile, the bank forecasts to see a growth rate of 2.7% on a yearly basis and 0.8% on a quarterly basis. In the third quarter of this year, the Thai economy expanded 2.9% on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets evaluate possible impact of border closure with Iran
- Asia’s firm PVC sentiment shows signs of faltering amid competitive Chinese offers
- Recovering downstream activity supports sentiment for PET bottle in China
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe