Thai central bank cuts 2016 growth forecast
Exports are expected to decline 5.5% this year and to follow a stable trend in 2016. Previously, the bank had expected exports to grow 1.2% in 2016.
For the final quarter of this year, meanwhile, the bank forecasts to see a growth rate of 2.7% on a yearly basis and 0.8% on a quarterly basis. In the third quarter of this year, the Thai economy expanded 2.9% on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge