Thai distributor cuts PVC prices to the local market
A compounder, meanwhile, reported that they were offered local PVC at THB34000/ton ($1050/ton) FD, cash. He commented, “PVC demand remains subdued in Thailand and we feel that the current offers are negotiable. We believe that we can obtain a THB500/ton discount if we decide to purchase more than 250 tons.” He added that they are not expecting to see any real improvement in their end product business before the end of the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm