Thai exports and imports climb in Nov
The data also showed a yearly increase of 3% in the country’s imports in November. The rise in the percentage of imports also beat the estimates of a drop of 1.05%.
The country’s exports and imports in January-November period, however, dropped by 0.05% and 5.1% respectively.
Among the markets Thailand posted the biggest growth was Japan (22.5%) followed by China (22%) and Europe (13.8%).
The Bank of Thailand estimated a decrease of 0.6% in exports in 2016 while it forecast a GDP growth of 3.2% for 2016 and 2017 after it expanded by 2.8% in 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?