Thai exports and imports up for second month in Dec
The data also showed a yearly increase of 10.3% in the country’s imports in December.
In 2016, the country’s exports were up by 0.45% while imports dropped by 3.9%.
Among the markets Thailand posted the biggest growth was China (27.3%), followed by Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam (17.2%) and Asian countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines (9.2%).
The products that made the biggest contribution to the growth in exports were gold, rubber and rubber products, plastic pellets, electrical circuitry, refined oil and sugar.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness