Thai players expect further local PE drops
A trader commented, “Demand has worsen following the Bangkok bombing while demand from the agricultural and automotive industries is also not encouraging in the face of the recent economic issues. For local PE, we are expecting to see additional decreases of around THB2000-3000/ton ($56-84/ton) in the coming days.”
A woven bag manufacturer stated, “Further PE decreases are likely to surface soon in the local market as energy prices keep declining. We are running our plant at normal rates at the moment while PE supplies remain sufficient.”
In Thailand, local PE prices are currently reported at THB46000-47500/ton ($1295-1337/ton) for LDPE film and at THB45000-47500/ton ($1266-1337/ton) for LLDPE and HDPE film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe