Thai players receive domestic PVC prices for Nov
A compounder reported that they received rollovers from one of their domestic suppliers while another local producer implemented THB500/ton ($14/ton) increases on their new offers. The converter attributed firm November prices to higher upstream costs. “Demand for our end products has improved a bit recently. Hence, we are planning to place bids for 1000 tons of material with a discount from our suppliers’ initial offers,” he commented.
According to a pipe manufacturer, two local producers announced their domestic PVC prices for November with rollovers from October. He stated, “Trading activities are a bit slow nowadays due to the rainy season. We expect demand to pick up in the January-February period.”
In Thailand, domestic PVC prices are currently being reported at THB30000/ton ($845/ton) for k67-68 on an FD, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe