Thai producer cuts PP, HDPE pipe 100 prices to SEA
The source commented, “The PP market is quite competitive nowadays as most buyers are waiting on the sidelines with the expectation of seeing further reductions before entering the market. Our production is still not smooth; hence we are still prioritizing the local market.”
In Southeast Asia, import PP prices are currently reported in the range of $1500-1670/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and $1580-1700/ton for homo-PP film, all on CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons