Thai producer lifts PP, HDPE pipe prices to SE Asia
The producer raised their homo-PP raffia and injection prices by $40/ton when compared to last week, bringing their new offers to $1180-1200/ton CIF SEA, cash basis. “Our PP copolymer supply is a bit tight at the moment due to a mechanical issue at one of our production lines. We may resume our copolymer offers next week,” the source said.
For HDPE pipe (PE100), the producer issued an increase of $20/ton on their offers to the regional markets, bringing their new prices to $1350/ton CIF, cash. The source commented, “Buyers are not that willing to replenish their HDPE pipe stocks nowadays due to the crude oil volatility which cast a shadow over the current firm trend.”
The source also commented on their PS and ABS operations, stating, “Our GPPS supply is a bit tight as we are still running our styrene unit at a lower rate while we have comfortable availability for HIPS. Trading activities are quite slow in the regions’ PS markets this week while our offers currently stand at $1300/ton CIF for GPPS and at $1350/ton CIF for HIPS. Meanwhile, we are not giving any ABS offers to Southeast Asia at the moment as we are mostly concentrated on the European markets nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months