Thai producer lowers HDPE prices to Vietnam, keeps PP stable
The producer cut its HDPE prices by $10/ton from last week to $1140 for film, $1150/ton for blow moulding and to $1160/ton for yarn, all on CIF Vietnam, cash basis. For PP, the producer’s current offer for raffia remained unchanged on a weekly basis at $1055/ton with the same terms.
The source commented, “Although we still receive inquiries, buying interest is low as buyers prefer to wait for now in order to see market levels after ChinaPlas Fair.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand