Thai producer lowers PP, HDPE, PS and ABS prices to SEA
On a CIF SEA, cash basis, the producer’s new prices come to $1490/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, $1520/ton for PP film, $1570/ton for HDPE pipe (PE100), $1450/ton for GPPS, $1530/ton for HIPS and at $1750-1770/ton for ABS.
“We implemented a comparatively larger decrease on ABS compared with other products as it is currently a slow season for many ABS applications. Polymer prices are general are softening in line with slumping upstream costs and most buyers are keeping to the sidelines these days,” a producer source stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness