Thai producer revises PS, ABS and HDPE pipe prices to SE Asia
The source stated that they cut their HDPE pipe (PE100) prices to Southeast Asia by $20/ton on the week, bringing their new offers to $1280/ton on a CIF SEA, cash basis. He attributed their decision to the fact that they are facing competition from Middle Eastern cargoes.
For PS, the producer lowered their offers by around $10/ton for HIPS while they raised their GPPS prices by $30-40/ton from a week ago. Their PS prices currently stand at $1070-1080/ton for GPPS and at $1120-1130/ton for HIPS, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. “We lifted our GPPS prices thanks to relatively better demand for this product. We issued a modest decrease on HIPS as the gap between this product and ABS has narrowed significantly,” the source commented.
For ABS, the producer implemented a $20/ton decrease on their prices, bringing their new offers to $1140/ton with the same terms. According to the source, ABS demand is doing okay nowadays due to the high season for electronic goods.
“The market outlook is cloudy at the moment as several players will leave their desks for the Chinese New Year holidays soon. We believe that we will get a clearer idea of the market situation only after the end of the holidays,” the source commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe