Thai producer sells out HDPE allocation to Vietnam
The source stated, “We managed to sell out our HDPE quota to the Vietnamese market shortly after we announced our prices for March. Some of our customers were unable to obtain cargoes as we had only 700 tons of HDPE allocated to the country. Hence we have requested more materials from our headquarters in order to meet these buyers’ needs.”
When compared to their initial March announcement levels, the producer’s done deal levels for HDPE grades indicate increases of $20/ton.
For PP, the source added that they have no materials to offer for now.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September