Thai producer steps back on HDPE prices to Vietnam
The producer is currently offering HDPE film and blow moulding at $1410-1450/ton and HDPE injection at $1410/ton, all on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis.
Meanwhile, a Vietnamese trader reported that they received an HDPE film offer from the producer with a reduction of $60/ton at $1410/ton CIF, cash. “We even heard that some deals were concluded at $1400/ton CIF. The market is likely to change direction soon and we are not planning to replenish our stocks in the near term,” he commented.
In Vietnam, overall import HDPE prices currently stand at $1390-1470/ton for film and at $1410-1470/ton for blow moulding and injection, all on a CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use