Thai producer steps back on HDPE prices to Vietnam
The producer is currently offering HDPE film and blow moulding at $1410-1450/ton and HDPE injection at $1410/ton, all on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis.
Meanwhile, a Vietnamese trader reported that they received an HDPE film offer from the producer with a reduction of $60/ton at $1410/ton CIF, cash. “We even heard that some deals were concluded at $1400/ton CIF. The market is likely to change direction soon and we are not planning to replenish our stocks in the near term,” he commented.
In Vietnam, overall import HDPE prices currently stand at $1390-1470/ton for film and at $1410-1470/ton for blow moulding and injection, all on a CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?