Thailand raises growth forecast, maintains key interest rate
Consumer confidence was at a five month high in August due to public approval of the nation’s new constitution. The second quarter also brought better than expected economic growth, partly supported by government stimulus and improved tourism sector, which helped boost confidence.
The Central Bank’s Assistant Governor Jaturong Jantarangs told the local press, “We maintain the GDP growth forecast next year as higher public investment will help offset exports and private investment, which may remain weak on trading partners’ economic prospects. We see greater risk from the global economy next year as we take into account Brexit. We didn’t include it in our earlier forecast.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months