Thailand raises growth forecast, maintains key interest rate
Consumer confidence was at a five month high in August due to public approval of the nation’s new constitution. The second quarter also brought better than expected economic growth, partly supported by government stimulus and improved tourism sector, which helped boost confidence.
The Central Bank’s Assistant Governor Jaturong Jantarangs told the local press, “We maintain the GDP growth forecast next year as higher public investment will help offset exports and private investment, which may remain weak on trading partners’ economic prospects. We see greater risk from the global economy next year as we take into account Brexit. We didn’t include it in our earlier forecast.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness