Thailand’s IRPC awards contract to China’s Sinopec Engineering
As per the new contract, Sinopec Engineering will provide EPPC services for the construction of a new 120,000 tons/year green field polypropylene compounding plant and for the upgrade and expansion of IRPC’s existing 225,000 tons/year PP plant. The capacity of the existing plant is expected to increase to 385,000 tons/year following the expansion. The estimated investment value was reported at $220 million. The contract was effective as of the signing date while the projects are expected to be commissioned by May 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East