Thailand’s Indorama and India’s Dhunseri Petrochem complete PET j.v.
Local media sources in India report that the company will gain significant synergies as it will be the only PET producer in Northern & Eastern India, plus most all of its sites will be integrated with third party PTA suppliers. The combined PET capacity of the company will be 700,000 tons/year, the second largest in India.
The companies pointed out that there is potential for growth in the PET industry since per capita consumption in the country is at 0.6 kg per annum compared to 2.6 kg per annum in China and 10.9 kg per annum in the US.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months