Thailand’s Indorama posts stronger results in 2014
The company’s earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) also increased 30% year over year to reach THB19.5 billion ($599 million) in 2014 while cash from operations climbed 114% to THB22.4 billion ($688 million) in the previous year.
The company reportedly stated that even though falling crude oil prices caused a downward adjustment in the value of their inventories in the fourth quarter, this factor improved their cash flow from operations owing to the usage of less working capital.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record