Thailand’s Indorama to acquire Polyplex’s PET plant in Turkey
In a statement, the company reported that Turkey is the fastest emerging market in both Europe and the OECD given its strategic location for accessing markets in Southeast Europe. The company reportedly aims to reinforce their position as a preferred supplier to the beverage industry through the acquisition.
In the second quarter of 2014, Indorama Ventures acquired Artenius Turkpet’s 130,000 tons/year PET plant, which was renamed as Indorama Ventures Adana PET. Once the latest acquisition is completed, the company will increase their combined capacity in Turkey to 382,000 tons/year and thereby become top domestic PET producer in Turkey as well as the largest PET producer in Southeast Europe.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers