Thailand’s Indorama to acquire Polyplex’s PET plant in Turkey
In a statement, the company reported that Turkey is the fastest emerging market in both Europe and the OECD given its strategic location for accessing markets in Southeast Europe. The company reportedly aims to reinforce their position as a preferred supplier to the beverage industry through the acquisition.
In the second quarter of 2014, Indorama Ventures acquired Artenius Turkpet’s 130,000 tons/year PET plant, which was renamed as Indorama Ventures Adana PET. Once the latest acquisition is completed, the company will increase their combined capacity in Turkey to 382,000 tons/year and thereby become top domestic PET producer in Turkey as well as the largest PET producer in Southeast Europe.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May