Thailand’s Indorama to acquire Polyplex’s PET plant in Turkey
In a statement, the company reported that Turkey is the fastest emerging market in both Europe and the OECD given its strategic location for accessing markets in Southeast Europe. The company reportedly aims to reinforce their position as a preferred supplier to the beverage industry through the acquisition.
In the second quarter of 2014, Indorama Ventures acquired Artenius Turkpet’s 130,000 tons/year PET plant, which was renamed as Indorama Ventures Adana PET. Once the latest acquisition is completed, the company will increase their combined capacity in Turkey to 382,000 tons/year and thereby become top domestic PET producer in Turkey as well as the largest PET producer in Southeast Europe.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets