Thailand’s Indorama to buy Cepsa Spain’s PTA, PET business
Cepsa Quimica has a 175,000 tons/year PET plant and a 325,000 tons/year PTA plant at San Roque.
In early June, Thailand’s Indorama also had completed the acquisition of Cepsa’s PTA plant in Montreal, Canada. Cespa’s Montreal plant is the only PTA manufacturing facility in Canada and has an annual production capacity of 600,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally