Thailand’s Indorama to buy Cepsa Spain’s PTA, PET business
Cepsa Quimica has a 175,000 tons/year PET plant and a 325,000 tons/year PTA plant at San Roque.
In early June, Thailand’s Indorama also had completed the acquisition of Cepsa’s PTA plant in Montreal, Canada. Cespa’s Montreal plant is the only PTA manufacturing facility in Canada and has an annual production capacity of 600,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed