Thailand’s PTT Global in talks for its new petchem projects
PTT Global and Pertamina established a joint venture for an olefins cracker with a production capacity of 1.5 million tons/year in Balongan City, Indonesia. The cracker is expected to begin commercial runs by 2022.
For the proposed petrochemical complex, Pertamina is expected to make a final investment decision by the second quarter of 2017.
Meanwhile, PTT Global also seeks to find another partner along with Japan’s Marubeni to invest in its planned $5.7 billion petrochemical complex in Ohio, US. In April, PTT Global and Japan’s Marubeni Corp. selected a site in Belmont County, Ohio for the construction of a proposed new ethane-based cracker. The proposed cracker reportedly will source ethane from the region’s Marcellus and Utica Shale formations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure