Thailand’s PTT Global in talks for its new petchem projects
PTT Global and Pertamina established a joint venture for an olefins cracker with a production capacity of 1.5 million tons/year in Balongan City, Indonesia. The cracker is expected to begin commercial runs by 2022.
For the proposed petrochemical complex, Pertamina is expected to make a final investment decision by the second quarter of 2017.
Meanwhile, PTT Global also seeks to find another partner along with Japan’s Marubeni to invest in its planned $5.7 billion petrochemical complex in Ohio, US. In April, PTT Global and Japan’s Marubeni Corp. selected a site in Belmont County, Ohio for the construction of a proposed new ethane-based cracker. The proposed cracker reportedly will source ethane from the region’s Marcellus and Utica Shale formations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?