Thailand’s PTTGC brings forward shutdown at aromatics plant
Initially, the plant had been expected to shut in September for around 40-45 days, however, the company reportedly decided to include their annual maintenance shutdown and debottlenecking plans along with repair works following the unplanned shutdown on July 28. The plant is now expected to remain offline for around 75 days.
The plant is currently able to produce 655,000 tons/year of PX and 355,000 tons/year of benzene. Following the debottlenecking, the plant’s PX capacity is reportedly expected to increase by 115,000 tons/year while its benzene capacity will rise by 35,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers