Thailand’s PTTGC delays refinery and petchem plans in Vietnam
The company had initially planned to start construction this year in partnership with Saudi Aramco. The complex was planned to house a 400,000 barrels of oil per day (bpd) refinery and an olefins and aromatic petrochemical plant with annual production capacity of 5 million tons/year. The company was aiming to meet Vietnam’s domestic demand for oil and petrochemical products and boost its exports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019