Thailand’s PTTGC plans 7% increase in 2016 petchem capacity
PTTGC will increase its PX capacity by 115,000 tons/year, its ethylene oxide capacity by 90,000 tons/year and its phenol capacity by 250,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, Thailand’s PTT Global Chemical is planning to build an ethane cracker in Ohio, the US. The final decision for the cracker is slated to be made in 2016 or 2017. The proposed cracker is expected to have a production capacity of 1 million tons/year of ethylene and will anchor a complex that will include plants able to produce 700,000 tons/year of HDPE, 500,000 tons/year of MEG and 100,000 tons/year of ethylene oxide.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect