Thailand’s PTTGC plans 7% increase in 2016 petchem capacity
PTTGC will increase its PX capacity by 115,000 tons/year, its ethylene oxide capacity by 90,000 tons/year and its phenol capacity by 250,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, Thailand’s PTT Global Chemical is planning to build an ethane cracker in Ohio, the US. The final decision for the cracker is slated to be made in 2016 or 2017. The proposed cracker is expected to have a production capacity of 1 million tons/year of ethylene and will anchor a complex that will include plants able to produce 700,000 tons/year of HDPE, 500,000 tons/year of MEG and 100,000 tons/year of ethylene oxide.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed