Thailand’s PTTGC plans 7% increase in 2016 petchem capacity
PTTGC will increase its PX capacity by 115,000 tons/year, its ethylene oxide capacity by 90,000 tons/year and its phenol capacity by 250,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, Thailand’s PTT Global Chemical is planning to build an ethane cracker in Ohio, the US. The final decision for the cracker is slated to be made in 2016 or 2017. The proposed cracker is expected to have a production capacity of 1 million tons/year of ethylene and will anchor a complex that will include plants able to produce 700,000 tons/year of HDPE, 500,000 tons/year of MEG and 100,000 tons/year of ethylene oxide.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops