Thailand’s economic growth beats estimates in Q1
Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha has implemented over THB400 billion ($11 billion) in economic stimulus measures since last year to support local demand, while the Bank of Thailand kept its benchmark interest rate on hold last week for an eighth consecutive meeting to boost the economy.
Thailand’s economic growth was mainly driven by a strong tourism sector and high government expenditures while domestic demand remains weak, said an economist at Bangkok-based TMB Bank Pcl ahead of the NESDB’s release.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe