Thailand’s industrial production falls 5.1% in July
The recent data showed that the country’s vehicle production slid 8.4% year over year in July while textile production plunged 24.62% from a year ago during the same period because of slower demand from major destinations, including Japan and Europe. Thailand’s plastic and rubber products also posted declines of about 17% and 12%, respectively in July.
The country’s capacity utilization rate, meanwhile, fell to 62.34% in July from a revised rate of 66.7% in June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019