Thailand’s industrial production falls 5.1% in July
The recent data showed that the country’s vehicle production slid 8.4% year over year in July while textile production plunged 24.62% from a year ago during the same period because of slower demand from major destinations, including Japan and Europe. Thailand’s plastic and rubber products also posted declines of about 17% and 12%, respectively in July.
The country’s capacity utilization rate, meanwhile, fell to 62.34% in July from a revised rate of 66.7% in June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion