Thailand’s local PET market falls below a threshold
An agent of a domestic producer reported that the supplier implemented a fresh round of decreases on its local prices in the face of stagnant activity in the market.
“We are not sure whether the bottom is near. Demand is not giving any signs of recovery for the near term. The market is weighed on by the bearish sentiment across the region,” the agent commented.
The producer’s local PET bottle offer currently stands at THB39000/ton ($1185/ton) FD Thailand, cash. This level indicates decreases of around THB2000-3000/ton ($61-91/ton) when compared to overall prices gathered from the market last week.
PET bottle prices on FD Thailand basis have broken below the THB40000/ton level for the first time since around January this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon