Thailand seeks to expand investments in Vietnam
According to data from Vietnam’s Ministry of Planning and Investment, Thailand had 466 projects in Vietnam as of June 2016 and became the 10th biggest investor in the country out of 116 countries. Bangkok Bank reportedly says Vietnam is one of the best locations in Asia for investment and signaled more potential Thai investments to be made in the country by tripling its capital in order to grow business in Vietnam.
As well as many other Thai firms which expressed their intentions to expand their businesses in Vietnam, SCG is also building a petrochemical plant in the country as part of its plan to increase its investments in Southeast Asian markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm