Thailand seeks to expand investments in Vietnam
According to data from Vietnam’s Ministry of Planning and Investment, Thailand had 466 projects in Vietnam as of June 2016 and became the 10th biggest investor in the country out of 116 countries. Bangkok Bank reportedly says Vietnam is one of the best locations in Asia for investment and signaled more potential Thai investments to be made in the country by tripling its capital in order to grow business in Vietnam.
As well as many other Thai firms which expressed their intentions to expand their businesses in Vietnam, SCG is also building a petrochemical plant in the country as part of its plan to increase its investments in Southeast Asian markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?