Thailand seeks to expand investments in Vietnam
According to data from Vietnam’s Ministry of Planning and Investment, Thailand had 466 projects in Vietnam as of June 2016 and became the 10th biggest investor in the country out of 116 countries. Bangkok Bank reportedly says Vietnam is one of the best locations in Asia for investment and signaled more potential Thai investments to be made in the country by tripling its capital in order to grow business in Vietnam.
As well as many other Thai firms which expressed their intentions to expand their businesses in Vietnam, SCG is also building a petrochemical plant in the country as part of its plan to increase its investments in Southeast Asian markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia