Thailand seeks to expand investments in Vietnam
According to data from Vietnam’s Ministry of Planning and Investment, Thailand had 466 projects in Vietnam as of June 2016 and became the 10th biggest investor in the country out of 116 countries. Bangkok Bank reportedly says Vietnam is one of the best locations in Asia for investment and signaled more potential Thai investments to be made in the country by tripling its capital in order to grow business in Vietnam.
As well as many other Thai firms which expressed their intentions to expand their businesses in Vietnam, SCG is also building a petrochemical plant in the country as part of its plan to increase its investments in Southeast Asian markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil