Thailand seeks to expand investments in Vietnam
According to data from Vietnam’s Ministry of Planning and Investment, Thailand had 466 projects in Vietnam as of June 2016 and became the 10th biggest investor in the country out of 116 countries. Bangkok Bank reportedly says Vietnam is one of the best locations in Asia for investment and signaled more potential Thai investments to be made in the country by tripling its capital in order to grow business in Vietnam.
As well as many other Thai firms which expressed their intentions to expand their businesses in Vietnam, SCG is also building a petrochemical plant in the country as part of its plan to increase its investments in Southeast Asian markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs