The Philippines: the fastest growing economy in Asia in Q3
What is more, this growth rate outpaced that of many Asian economies including China’s 6.7% and Vietnam’s 6.4%, making the Philippines the fastest growing economy in Asia in Q3. The increase in construction and infrastructure investment as well as the strong consumer spending boosted the growth.
Media reports indicated that the economy of the country is estimated to grow by more than 6% by 2018. Standard & Poor’s had reportedly mentioned in September the unlikeliness that the country’s credit rating would be upgraded and signaled the possibility of a downgrade, which had caused many foreign investments and orders to be cancelled.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines