The Philippines: the fastest growing economy in Asia in Q3
What is more, this growth rate outpaced that of many Asian economies including China’s 6.7% and Vietnam’s 6.4%, making the Philippines the fastest growing economy in Asia in Q3. The increase in construction and infrastructure investment as well as the strong consumer spending boosted the growth.
Media reports indicated that the economy of the country is estimated to grow by more than 6% by 2018. Standard & Poor’s had reportedly mentioned in September the unlikeliness that the country’s credit rating would be upgraded and signaled the possibility of a downgrade, which had caused many foreign investments and orders to be cancelled.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops