The Philippines: the fastest growing economy in Asia in Q3
What is more, this growth rate outpaced that of many Asian economies including China’s 6.7% and Vietnam’s 6.4%, making the Philippines the fastest growing economy in Asia in Q3. The increase in construction and infrastructure investment as well as the strong consumer spending boosted the growth.
Media reports indicated that the economy of the country is estimated to grow by more than 6% by 2018. Standard & Poor’s had reportedly mentioned in September the unlikeliness that the country’s credit rating would be upgraded and signaled the possibility of a downgrade, which had caused many foreign investments and orders to be cancelled.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?