The rise in Malaysia’s industrial output slows in April
The slowdown in April was attributed to the decrease in production in mining sector by 2% in April after a rise of 2% in March, which pulled the overall production growth down despite an increase of 6.7% in manufacturing production.
Among the sub-sectors, the largest increases were recorded in food, beverage and tobacco (15.4%), electrical and electronic products (9.7%) and petroleum, chemical, rubber and plastic products (3%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China