Third May PX contract settles in Europe
Early this month, an initial PX settlement was agreed at €825/ton ($928/ton) FD NWE, down €25/ton ($28/ton) from the initial April settlement, up €10/ton ($11/ton) from the second April settlement. Later on, a second May PX contract settled at €785/ton FD NWE ($883/ton), down €30-65/ton ($34-73/ton) from April’s split settlement.
In the meantime, spot PX prices were last reported at $745/ton FOB NWE in Europe, up $25/ton from a week earlier and up $10/ton from early May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September