Three styrene units shut for turnaround in China
Xinpu Chemistry Co. Ltd. took its styrene unit offline for a scheduled turnaround on November 6, sources reported. The 320,000 tons/year unit will remain offline for 25 days.
BASF-YPC Company Limited, a joint venture between BASF and Sinopec, also shut its 120,000 tons/year plant for maintenance on November 1 for 30 days while Hainan Shihua Jiasheng Chemical Co. Ltd.’s 80,000 tons/year unit will remain offline until the end of December. The plant was shut down on November 8.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September