Tight HDPE supplies push prices higher in Russia
One trader is offering HDPE film at RUB96000/ton ($1511/ton without VAT) ex-works Kazan, cash inc VAT. Another trader said that they can offer this material at RUB95000/ton with the same terms ($1496/ton without VAT). Around 500 tons of the same material was sold yesterday at RUB92500/ton ($1456/ton without VAT).
Another trader sold HDPE film at RUB91000/ton FD Moscow, cash inc VAT ($1433/ton without VAT) commenting that offers are becoming increasingly scarce in the local market. Meanwhile, the producer is reportedly offering HDPE film at RUB90500/ton ($1422/ton without VAT) from a trading platform. The seller will reportedly offer two lots today of 100 and 500 tons.
Converters who received prices at RUB97000/ton FD Moscow region ($1528/ton without VAT) are not really in a hurry to buy at such high prices as they are waiting for volumes from Stavrolen after Stavrolen reportedly resumed production at its monomer units.
According to a source close to the company, the first trials of HDPE film from Stavrolen will be offered on Thursday and there are some rumors that traders are going to set a price at RUB89000/ton ex-works Moscow ($1400/ton without VAT). However, this information has not been confirmed yet.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September