Tightening availability in Europe exerts more pressure on LD, LLDPE
In addition to this, some Middle Eastern suppliers have already started to offer LDPE and LLDPE with larger hikes due to their short supplies. Particularly LLDPE availability in Europe is short as higher prices in Asia continue to attract Middle Eastern producers’ attention, curbing imports into the bloc.
In Italy, a manufacturer reported purchasing West European LDPE and LLDPE, paying €30-50/ton increases from January while he was offered Middle Eastern LDPE at €1330-1360/ton FD Italy, 60 days, with €100/ton increases from a month earlier. The buyer also stated, “We paid increases of up to €100/ton for LDPE and €50/ton for HDPE. Overall supplies are short and demand is improving, justifying such large hikes on certain grades.”
Similarly, a different buyer reported that their South European supplier issues February contract offers with increases of €35/ton for LDPE and €50/ton for LLDPE, citing that LLDPE supply is shorter.
A different manufacturer from the Netherlands heard that a Saudi major is planning to seek larger hikes of €80-100/ton on LLDPE due to the tightness.
In Italy, PE ranges stand at €1270-1360/ton for LDPE, at €1180-1270/ton for LLDPE and at €1210-1300/ton for HDPE film and b/m. In Northwest Europe, PE prices are reported at €1270-1350/ton for LDPE, at €1180-1250/ton for LLDPE, at €1220-1300/ton for HDPE film and b/m and at €1200-1300/ton for HDPE injection, all on local terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia