Tightening availability in Europe exerts more pressure on LD, LLDPE
In addition to this, some Middle Eastern suppliers have already started to offer LDPE and LLDPE with larger hikes due to their short supplies. Particularly LLDPE availability in Europe is short as higher prices in Asia continue to attract Middle Eastern producers’ attention, curbing imports into the bloc.
In Italy, a manufacturer reported purchasing West European LDPE and LLDPE, paying €30-50/ton increases from January while he was offered Middle Eastern LDPE at €1330-1360/ton FD Italy, 60 days, with €100/ton increases from a month earlier. The buyer also stated, “We paid increases of up to €100/ton for LDPE and €50/ton for HDPE. Overall supplies are short and demand is improving, justifying such large hikes on certain grades.”
Similarly, a different buyer reported that their South European supplier issues February contract offers with increases of €35/ton for LDPE and €50/ton for LLDPE, citing that LLDPE supply is shorter.
A different manufacturer from the Netherlands heard that a Saudi major is planning to seek larger hikes of €80-100/ton on LLDPE due to the tightness.
In Italy, PE ranges stand at €1270-1360/ton for LDPE, at €1180-1270/ton for LLDPE and at €1210-1300/ton for HDPE film and b/m. In Northwest Europe, PE prices are reported at €1270-1350/ton for LDPE, at €1180-1250/ton for LLDPE, at €1220-1300/ton for HDPE film and b/m and at €1200-1300/ton for HDPE injection, all on local terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East