Tightening availability in Europe exerts more pressure on LD, LLDPE
In addition to this, some Middle Eastern suppliers have already started to offer LDPE and LLDPE with larger hikes due to their short supplies. Particularly LLDPE availability in Europe is short as higher prices in Asia continue to attract Middle Eastern producers’ attention, curbing imports into the bloc.
In Italy, a manufacturer reported purchasing West European LDPE and LLDPE, paying €30-50/ton increases from January while he was offered Middle Eastern LDPE at €1330-1360/ton FD Italy, 60 days, with €100/ton increases from a month earlier. The buyer also stated, “We paid increases of up to €100/ton for LDPE and €50/ton for HDPE. Overall supplies are short and demand is improving, justifying such large hikes on certain grades.”
Similarly, a different buyer reported that their South European supplier issues February contract offers with increases of €35/ton for LDPE and €50/ton for LLDPE, citing that LLDPE supply is shorter.
A different manufacturer from the Netherlands heard that a Saudi major is planning to seek larger hikes of €80-100/ton on LLDPE due to the tightness.
In Italy, PE ranges stand at €1270-1360/ton for LDPE, at €1180-1270/ton for LLDPE and at €1210-1300/ton for HDPE film and b/m. In Northwest Europe, PE prices are reported at €1270-1350/ton for LDPE, at €1180-1250/ton for LLDPE, at €1220-1300/ton for HDPE film and b/m and at €1200-1300/ton for HDPE injection, all on local terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months