Tightness pushes local LLDPE film prices to 5-month high in Indonesia
Traders reported that a domestic producer lifted its LLDPE film offers by IDR550,000/ton ($38/ton with the recent parity) last week while keeping its offers stable for other PE products. The producer has adopted a stable to firm stance on its LLDPE prices since mid-April.
According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, the weekly average of local LLDPE film prices on FD Indonesia basis has recently reached its highest level since early February.
A trader operating in Indonesia commented, “Demand remains muted due to the globally softening trend. However, local prices are firm given the weaker rupiah. As for LLDPE, domestic supplies are limited, which is exerting an extra pressure on this grade in particular.”
Many bag manufacturers in the country affirmed that they received higher offers for LLDPE film from local suppliers. A buyer said, “We were already expecting to see increases in LLDPE prices owing to low supply levels. The depreciation of the rupiah has also contributed to the recent price hikes. However, we are struggling to reflect higher costs onto our end product prices. Hence we prefer to stay on the sidelines for now.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market touches new lows amid dull activity
- European PS slides to 2-month low on weaker costs, demand
- Asian PVC players are divided over firmer August pricing
- Vietnam’s homo-PP raffia market remains weak amid lackluster trade
- Asia's ethylene and styrene markets receive support from limited supplies
- Export PET prices from Asia touch new lows on increased supplies
- European LDPE under pressure from lower ethylene, weak fundamentals
- China’s import ABS market sinks to 3-month low amid uncertainty in styrene
- Stable to soft trend retained in July PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa
- Asian PS markets plummet to around 2-month low, eyes on styrene