Tightness pushes local LLDPE film prices to 5-month high in Indonesia
Traders reported that a domestic producer lifted its LLDPE film offers by IDR550,000/ton ($38/ton with the recent parity) last week while keeping its offers stable for other PE products. The producer has adopted a stable to firm stance on its LLDPE prices since mid-April.
According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, the weekly average of local LLDPE film prices on FD Indonesia basis has recently reached its highest level since early February.
A trader operating in Indonesia commented, “Demand remains muted due to the globally softening trend. However, local prices are firm given the weaker rupiah. As for LLDPE, domestic supplies are limited, which is exerting an extra pressure on this grade in particular.”
Many bag manufacturers in the country affirmed that they received higher offers for LLDPE film from local suppliers. A buyer said, “We were already expecting to see increases in LLDPE prices owing to low supply levels. The depreciation of the rupiah has also contributed to the recent price hikes. However, we are struggling to reflect higher costs onto our end product prices. Hence we prefer to stay on the sidelines for now.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem