Total-Hanwha JV plans expansion in refining, petchem units
The investment aims to expand the increase of the Daesan complex’s ethylene production capacity by 30% to 1.4 million tons/year in order to meet the local demand and supply Chinese market.
The expansion is expected to be completed by mid-2019, the reports revealed.
The Daesan refining and petrochemical facility is a 50/50 joint venture between Total and Hanwha, which posted a net profit of $1 billion last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record