Total and Sonatrach sign JV deal for new project in Algeria
The project includes a new PDH unit and a PP production unit with a capacity of 550,000 tons/year and it represents an investment of around $1.4 billion by the two partners.
The joint venture, of which 51% is owned by Sonatrach and the rest by Total, announced in May last year that the front-end engineering and design (FEED) process would start in the summer of 2018. However, the FEED works were delayed to November 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets evaluate possible impact of border closure with Iran
- Asia’s firm PVC sentiment shows signs of faltering amid competitive Chinese offers
- Recovering downstream activity supports sentiment for PET bottle in China
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe