Total extends FM on polymer supplies from France due to strike
The company is able to produce 250,000 tons/year of HDPE, 160,000 tons/year of LDPE, 230,000 tons/year of PP and 50,000 tons/year of PS in Gonfreville.
Meanwhile, media reports showed that strikes against new labor legislation have spread to all eight of France’s oil refineries. Unions are aiming to cut output by half at the refineries in an attempt to reverse the new labor laws that make it easier for companies to hire and fire staff.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high