Total lifts styrene FM on Gonfreville unit
After a technical problem and a national labor strike, Total declared force majeure on its styrene supplies from the Gonfreville unit in the second half of May, reported players in the region.
The plant was resumed in June and started to make deliveries by barge inside the country after the labor strike was settled.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East