Tourists to Tanzania banned from taking any plastic bag
Under the ban, Tanzania will join the ranks of 13 African countries that have either banned or restricted the use of plastic. Accordingly, all plastic carrier bags regardless of their thickness will be prohibited from being imported, exported, manufactured, sold, stored or used in mainland Tanzania.
Kenya, Rwanda, Mauritania, and Morocco all have a total ban on plastic bags in place.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high