Tourists to Tanzania banned from taking any plastic bag
Under the ban, Tanzania will join the ranks of 13 African countries that have either banned or restricted the use of plastic. Accordingly, all plastic carrier bags regardless of their thickness will be prohibited from being imported, exported, manufactured, sold, stored or used in mainland Tanzania.
Kenya, Rwanda, Mauritania, and Morocco all have a total ban on plastic bags in place.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets