Trader: Import PE prices lose ground in China
The trader said that they received offers from a Saudi major with $10-20/ton decreases at $1280/ton CIF, 90 days for LLDPE film and at $1400/ton CIF, 60 days for LDPE film. The trader added that they also received offers for Iranian cargoes with $20-30/ton reductions at $1360/ton for LDPE film and at $1350/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF, 90 days basis.
“Prices came down around $10-30/ton on the last day of the week, with the steepest decreases being seen in the HDPE film market. We believe that the market still has room to move lower in the days ahead,” the trader stated.
Import prices for both dutiable and non-dutiable origins currently stand at $1330-1430/ton for LDPE and HDPE film and at $1265-1400/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets