Trader: Import PE prices lose ground in China
The trader said that they received offers from a Saudi major with $10-20/ton decreases at $1280/ton CIF, 90 days for LLDPE film and at $1400/ton CIF, 60 days for LDPE film. The trader added that they also received offers for Iranian cargoes with $20-30/ton reductions at $1360/ton for LDPE film and at $1350/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF, 90 days basis.
“Prices came down around $10-30/ton on the last day of the week, with the steepest decreases being seen in the HDPE film market. We believe that the market still has room to move lower in the days ahead,” the trader stated.
Import prices for both dutiable and non-dutiable origins currently stand at $1330-1430/ton for LDPE and HDPE film and at $1265-1400/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness