Trader: Indian PP purchased at a discount in Vietnam
The trader said that they purchased a total of 200 tons of Indian homo-PP injection and raffia at $1440/ton CIF Vietnam, cash at the end of last week. “We managed to secure a $10/ton discount from our supplier’s initial offer level and we heard that the seller later adjusted their offers down to the same price. We purchase a small quantity of material every time we see a fresh price reduction in order to maintain our stock levels,” the trader stated.
Import prices for homo-PP injection and raffia currently stand at $1440-1600/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets