Trader: Indian producer lifts local PET prices
He attributed the producer’s recent hike to higher upstream costs as well as the current firm trend in China. In Asia, spot PTA prices have gained around $70/ton week over week to reach $715/ton CFR China while spot MEG prices climbed by $50-55/ton to be quoted at $935-940/ton with the same terms. Spot PX prices on an FOB South Korea basis were also up by $60-65/ton on the week to $935/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF