Trader: Indian producer lifts local PET prices
He attributed the producer’s recent hike to higher upstream costs as well as the current firm trend in China. In Asia, spot PTA prices have gained around $70/ton week over week to reach $715/ton CFR China while spot MEG prices climbed by $50-55/ton to be quoted at $935-940/ton with the same terms. Spot PX prices on an FOB South Korea basis were also up by $60-65/ton on the week to $935/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion