Trader: Indonesia’s Polytama resumes PP offers
The trader stated, “We received a homo-PP film offer from the producer, albeit for shipment at a future date rather than for prompt availability. We are not planning to make any fresh purchase this month as we think that the market still has some room to decrease.”
Polytama’s 230,000 tons/year PP plant was off-line for some time due to a feedstock shortage. The producer had been planning to restart after negotiating a new agreement for the purchase of propylene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets