Trader: Saudi producer announces April PP, PE prices to China
The trader commented, “We found the producer’s new levels to be too high. However, buyers may have to accept these new prices eventually in the face of limited availability, which is supporting sellers. Trading activities are not encouraging in China as buyers are mostly taking a cautious stance while we feel that Southeast Asian markets have not much space left to absorb additional re-export cargoes from China.”
In China, overall import PE prices are currently reported at $1300-1340/ton for LDPE film and at $1280-1320/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. For PP, homo-PP raffia and injection prices currently stand at around $1225-1300/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets