Trader: Saudi producer announces April PP, PE prices to China
The trader commented, “We found the producer’s new levels to be too high. However, buyers may have to accept these new prices eventually in the face of limited availability, which is supporting sellers. Trading activities are not encouraging in China as buyers are mostly taking a cautious stance while we feel that Southeast Asian markets have not much space left to absorb additional re-export cargoes from China.”
In China, overall import PE prices are currently reported at $1300-1340/ton for LDPE film and at $1280-1320/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. For PP, homo-PP raffia and injection prices currently stand at around $1225-1300/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm