Trader: Saudi producer announces April PP, PE prices to China
The trader commented, “We found the producer’s new levels to be too high. However, buyers may have to accept these new prices eventually in the face of limited availability, which is supporting sellers. Trading activities are not encouraging in China as buyers are mostly taking a cautious stance while we feel that Southeast Asian markets have not much space left to absorb additional re-export cargoes from China.”
In China, overall import PE prices are currently reported at $1300-1340/ton for LDPE film and at $1280-1320/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. For PP, homo-PP raffia and injection prices currently stand at around $1225-1300/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia